Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's no IHOP visit but here you go Nate




While I was in Springfield, I was able to visit the basketball hall of fame. It was a pretty cool place overall but I think I would have liked it a lot more if it was 3-4 years from now when all the players that I remember from growing up were actually in it. I think the only ones are Barkley and Hakeem. No Jordan, No Malone or Stockton. I guess 5 years is longer then you think sometimes. The pictures above were basically the only Jazz related things in the building.


There was also a spot for Hot Rod Hundley, He made it in as a member of the media. This made me think of how much better he was then Bolerjack. Hot Rod had a knack for calling the game that I will always miss. I still sometimes watch games on TV but listen to Hot Rod on the Radio at the same time. Even 10 jack and cokes into the game(2nd quarter) he is still better then Boler.



Unfortuneatly upon leaving the basketball hall of fame we walked out to find Jared's car in this condition. Yep thats a broken window and a stolen GPS unit. Of all the crappy neighborhoods and the late hours that we work I would have never thought his GPS would get stolen at one in the afternoon and in a crowded parking lot. This is the second time this has happened to one of our guys since being out here. I just hope it doesnt end up happening to me.




We are now working in the city of Wocester. Somehow the people pronouce it WUSter. I call it WOOster and everyone in the city corrects me on it. I think its really funny. The city however sucks it is nothing but up and down hills. Also you can be driving on an alright road(for Mass) and all of the sudden end up on a dirt road with huge pot holes. My car is taking a beating in this area. I think I better start preparing for repairs or a new one. The picture on the left is the New Audi R8 that I followed on the freeway for about 2 miles. I tried to get better pictures but this is all I ended up getting. It made my week seeing on in person. It sounded amazing and I could hear coming up the on ramp about 10 seconds before I actually saw it. Man it sounded great. Too bad I had to go to an install or I think I would have stalked the dude until he pulled over.
Well everything is going well. This past week was slow business wise but hopefully it picks up again this week. I hear 4th of July is awesome here in Boston so hopefully I can get some good pictures to post. I am also going to be heading down to D.C. in about 2 weeks so there should be actually something interesting to write about.



















3 comments:

Unknown said...

here are some links for the 4th of july in Boston
http://www.july4th.org/
click on the newcomers link
and this one too
http://www.wickedlocal.com/homepage/x369758989
Have a great time and enjoy. You will love D.C as well. You are getting to see so many cool things. Love ya

Kyle said...

Thanks for the links Cheryl. It has been nice to be able to see so much while also working.

Merkley Jiating said...

I'm glad to see there's some Jazz stuff there at the Hall of Fame, but disappointed that Mark Eaton has not yet made an appearance. How could you not love a bearded 7-footer?